Everyone already knows that Jamie Kerstetter is a beastette on the felt; a true force to be reckoned with, both in MTTs and cash games alike. We all know that she adores partypoker but did you know she’s pocketed over of $350,000 in tournament earnings?
And if that’s not enough Ms. Kerstetter isn’t just an earning machine. She’s brilliant, charming, funny and a blast to hang out with. She wears the most wonderfully tacky novelty jewelry known to mankind, and pinatas cower in fear at the mere mention of her name.
But wait there’s more…
But that’s not all you should know about team partypoker pro and alpha female Jamie Kerstetter. We at partypoker were brave enough to ask her 20 tough questions that are way off the beaten trail, and we’re sure her answers will surprise you!
1) If you could easily visit one planet, which one would you go to?
Mars. Apparently there’s a waiting list for people who want to live the rest of their lives there. How bad is it getting on Earth when there’s a waiting list to leave for a planet that might not be able to sustain life? Starting out with a real uplifting answer for y’all.
2) If you were to drown in a liquid other than water, what would you want it to be?
Mercury. My 7th grade crazyass science teacher cracked a thermometer open and showed us how cool mercury was, then told us not to touch it because it can kill you. I have wanted to play with it ever since.
3) Where do you feel most at home?
I’ve been traveling so much in the last few years that I just get “homesick” for certain people, but not for a particular place anymore.
4) Dogs or cats?
Both. I like a lap cat that will chill out on me when I’m watching tv, and I like a crazy giant dog to run in the park and play with. The question would be tougher if you asked “Dogs or people?”
5) If you could have the starring role in one film that’s already been made, which movie would you pick?
Does it make me a fat kid if I pick Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? There are some other movies I could pick, but I’m trying to keep this rated PG.
6) If you could play HU with anyone in the world, who would it be?
Anyone very dumb and very rich.
7) What makes you laugh?
@ch000ch account on twitter. Don’t know this person in real life, but have pretty much puked laughing at some of his tweets, example: hi, grandma? can u come pick me up from my rap battle? it’s over.no, i lost. he saw u drop me off & did a pretty devastating rhyme about it
8) What is your most treasured possession?
A pair of the most comfy sweatpants on Earth. I’m very fancy.
9) If you had to assassinate one celebrity, who would it be and how would you do it?
Kim Kardashian. I’d bore her to death making her watch her own inane reality show.
10) What trait do you most deplore in yourself?
I hate how much I care about what other people think. I’d be a lot more interesting if I truly didn’t give a shit.
11) What trait do you most deplore in others?
I can’t stand people who are inconsiderate and/or very self-absorbed.
12) What’s a “deal breaker” for you, romantically speaking?
Being age-appropriate is apparently a big turn off for me. Yea, I’m Matthew McConaughey from Dazed and Confused.
13) Captain Caveman or Captain America?
14) What do you most value in your friends?
The ability to have fun, waste time, and bullshit endlessly about nothing. The ability to turn that off and be a real friend when real life is bad.
15) Poker players are often considered excellent liars. Outside of poker, on what occasion do you lie?
Only in interview questions.
16) If you died and could come back as a person or thing, what would it be?
Probably a housecat. You get massaged all day and you nap whenever you want. The housecat is the poker player of the animal kingdom.
17) What’s your favorite karaoke song?
George Michael’s “Faith”.
18) Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
19) Who’d win the Twister Championship… Kara Scott, or BJ Nemeth?
If they play Twister together, everyone wins. #popcorn
20) Twitter or Facebook?
Twitter by a mile. Facebook is Babies R Us these days.
Bonus! What’s the one thing you’d like the world to know about Jamie Kerstetter?
I am an extremely tight player and you should fold to me.
We believe you, Jamie. (wink wink nudge nudge)
Here’s to hoping you all ship it like crazy… See you at the tables!
The all new partypoker Sunday tournament schedule
The all new partypoker has introduced a new Sunday tournament schedule. The key changes are the addition of an action-packed fun $10K Super Bounty and a wide range of new low buy-in tournaments featuring the best of the old but also new speed, rebuy, add-on and PLO tournaments – a great Sunday mix if you want to win top prizes and have fun playing tournament poker.